What You Need for Your Visit
Please bring all originals with you on the day of your appointment and, if you haven’t filed 2016 with us, bring a copy of your last return. You don’t need to send us your business expenses in advance, just add them up with totals for the year by categories. If you need help, ask us for a template spreadsheet.
- W-2 for employment
- 1099-MISC for self-employment
- Schedule K-1 for active or passive partners
- 1098 mortgage interest & property taxes paid
- HUD-1 or closing statement for new owners
- 1099-INT for bank interest
- 1099-DIV for dividends
- 1099-B for stock sales
- Name, date of birth, and federal ID (Social Security Number)
- Address for each child care provider or after school program/summer camp
- Distribution or contribution form to a retirement plan (401(k), IRA, etc.)
- Transfer or rollover form from one retirement plan to another
- 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement)
- 1095-B (Health Coverage)
- 1095-C (Employer Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage)
- 1098-E student loan interest
- 1098-T tuition paid
- Receipts for all donations by cash/check and non-cash
Prepare for Your Appointment
You can speed up your appointment by sending us your tax forms and other documents 10 days in advance. Ways to send:
If possible, please scan everything as one file and name it in the following format LastName,FirstName-Date-Of-Appointment (Doe,John-2-10-13). Make sure to list the date and time of your appointment in the subject line.
When you fax to 917-386-2568, please put the date and time of the appointment and number of pages on the cover sheet.
If you decide to send your forms through regular mail or a messenger service, please ensure they are copies and not the original documents themselves.